- Easy insertion with the reassuring tactility of IFPL’s MagSignal technology
- MagSignal supporting 1298 plug easily detaches without damaging the headset or jack
- Compatible with airline standard and leading passenger carry on headsets
- Robust and reliable design, ensuring high availability and minimising CID
- INCAM - Noise cancelling variant available
- Cost neutral compared to traditional sockets
- Magnetic jack designed to minimise CID
- Incorporating IFPL’s Long Life jack technology, tested to over 100,000 insertions
- Dual redundancy as this RJU incorporates two push through single stereo sockets
- Utilises IFPL’s unique Breakaway technology
Customer experience has been at the forefront of the 1272’s design from the very first stages of development. IFPL has conducted tests on industry standard audio jacks and headsets and found that in a single case study, 10% of these have damage. This evidence has been reinforced by maintenance organisations suggesting they replace the entire ship-set as frequently as every 14-16 months.
IFPL’s 1272 jack and supporting 1298 headset connector incorporates IFPL’s innovative MagSignal technology; allowing the headset cable to be pulled from any angle without damaging the socket, jack or headset cable. This extends the life of the headset and jack, reducing Customer Induced Damage (CID). The floating magnets ensure the signal is maintained at all times during turbulence and vibration. The 1272’s design virtually eliminates the issue of broken sockets and damage to headset cables whilst ensuring continuity of signal and the reassuring tactility that is only available through IFPL’s Breakaway MagSignal jack.
Designed as a multipurpose unit the 1272 accepts not only IFPL’s 1298 Breakaway connector but also other industry standard connectors including: ARINC A1, B1, A2, B2 and C2 headsets, in addition to industry leading passenger carry-on headsets. An Integrated Noise Cancelling Audio Module (INCAM) variant also available.
Delivering a robust and reliable headset socket is essential to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. The 1272 has been designed with dual redundancy by incorporating two Long Life single pin stereo sockets, each capable of working standalone and tested to over 100,000 insertions.
Adding to this, IFPL’s ‘push through pin’ design allows broken pins to simply be ejected should a broken pin become lodged in the socket. In the unlikely event of the unit requiring replacement, the 1272 has been designed for simple, rapid on-wing swap-out and is cost neutral compared with traditional technologies.
*Patents pending, UK patent application no. 1602135.4, and US patent application no. 15/016,483.
Patents pending: US15/016 483, GB1602135.4, GB2533258, WO2016/038399