- Universal AC Remote Power Outlet designed to accept a broad range of worldwide consumer plugs
- Provides 110V AC power, enabling passengers to use and charge their electronic devices
- Single compact universal unit meeting passenger AC power needs
- Multiple safety features to ensure safe operation
- Designed for easy on-wing replacement
- High reliability with a predicted MTBF of 90,000 flight hours
IFPL designed the Universal Remote Power Outlet 1225 to deliver 110V AC power to passengers’ devices; enabling passengers to use and charge their own mains powered electronic devices, e.g laptops and DSLR cameras. The unit has been in service for some years and meets ARINC 628 part 2.
The Universal Remote Power Outlet is designed to accept a broad range of worldwide consumer AC plugs in one single unit, therefore removing complexity and the number of onboard power sockets required. Compatibilble plugs include north and South America, UK, Europe and Asia Pacific standards. IFPL’s 1225 unit includes a number of key safety features:
- Safety interlocks that prevent single entry (objects) being inserted into either the live or neutral contacts and only allow power to be delivered if pins are inserted evenly (i.e. a plug)
- An LED illuminates to indicate availability of power
This robust unit is designed using materials proven in service. Additionally, the unit has been designed to allow simple and quick on-wing replacement.
Patents granted/pending: EP2754208, GB2501454, US20150288089, US15/353 215, GB2531963