- High-speed data and power in one robust USB socket
- Supports charging for smart phones and tablets including Apple (all three tiers), plus Android and Windows devices
- Light guide for easy location and insertion
- USB-A socket backward compatible
- Calculated MTBF greater than 50,000 flight hours
- Easy on-wing replacement
- Customisable light guide and decal print to support airline branding and cabin aesthetics
- Optional decal print that can be tailored to specific airline requirements
- Providing flexibility from 12V to 32V (40V max) input
Delivering high-speed data and power in one robust unit to enhance customer experience, whilst providing industry leading reliability was IFPL’s core focus when designing this latest unit in our industry leading USB range.
Research confirms that both portable and wearable devices will become widespread to the point of saturation over the coming years. Airline passengers are already demanding the ability to both charge and interface their portable and wearable devices with the on-board In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) and connectivity system. The 1342 USB-A 3.0 unit has been specifically developed to meet this demand.
The USB-A 3.0 standard offers a number of enhancements over USB-A 2.0 including: high data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is over 10 times faster than that of USB-A 2.0, and higher power to support more demanding devices such as notebooks.
The soft light guide delivers an even spread of light with a low energy input, ensuring that passengers can easily identify, locate and insert their USB plug. Both the light guide colour and optional decal print are customisable; allowing airlines to enhance the overall aesthetic of the cabin. A non-light guide version is also available.
Delivering a robust and reliable USB unit is essential to ensure ongoing high levels of customer satisfaction, therefore the 1342 is designed with a calculated Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) greater than 50,000 flight hours. This USB-A 3.0 unit has been designed with system flexibility in mind and can accept 12V-32V (40V max) DC input allowing a broad range of installation options. All materials used in construction have been proven in service to deliver durable and cost effective lifetime use. In the unlikely event of the unit failing, for example through Customer Induced Damage (CID), the 1342 has been designed for easy on-wing replacement.